If you’ve been to our shop lately, you know that Community Cycles has more than outgrown our current space.
We have an amazing opportunity to move to a permanent location, where we can better serve Boulder’s cycling community!
We are excited to create a permanent community bicycle center in Boulder where we can:
- Offer more frequent classes to help people maintain their bikes for a lifetime of cycling,
- Expand our bike shop services and hours, with a larger Do It Yourself Space and twice as many bike stands,
- Save more bicycles from the landfill,
- More space for Earn-A-Bike classes and Transitions bicycle mechanics apprenticeship programs for disabled youth,
- New services, like a multi-modal transportation information center,
- Help Boulder cut carbon pollution from transportation, and
- Make the benefits of bicycling available equitably to everyone in our community.
With your support, we’ll be building a culture of cycling like never before!
Together, through January 2019, we have raised over $1,850,000. Thanks to everyone who has donated and supported our campaign!
Leslie Bohm Education Center
In honor of Leslie Bohm, founder of Bikes Belong (now People for Bikes), our new home will feature the Leslie Bohm Education Center, dedicated to workshops and classes in bike commuting, bike care and repair, and safe riding.
We are excited to be able to meet the high demand for our classes, workshops, and bicycle care-and-repair programs. With our new Education Center, we’ll be able to hold classes, programs, and workshops any time we’re open.
Imagine, a Community Cycles where more than one class can happen at a time! Contact us to join the funding team for the Leslie Bohm Education Center. Leslie would be proud.
For more information about naming opportunities,
or any other questions about our building project, contact us!