We have two work stands for Members to work on their own bikes, available Saturdays and Sundays from 12pm to 4pm. The DIY capabilities are limited. Please review the DIY capabilities for what you can expect to be able to accomplish. Reserve your one or two hour time slot on the work stands. New Boulder County Public Health Order Requires all 18 to 22-Year-Old Individuals in Boulder to Halt Gatherings to Slow Rate of New COVID-19 Cases – Boulder County
Follow these instructions to Reserve a spot to work on your own bike!:
- Go to your account (your personal site). Email yourself the link
- Select Shift Calendar > (scroll down), Member DIY> Sign up for a time that works for you (More Instructions if ya need ’em). Limit 1 per day.
- Check out videos before you attend so you can complete the work on your bike before the shift ends.
- Sign in / Check in with the Volunteer when you arrive at the Community Cycles shop, wear your mask and closed-toed shoes.
- Note – We are using our Volunteer signup program, so substitute “member” for volunteer in the emails and it should make better sense.
What is DIY? Use the Community Cycles workspace to fix your own bike! We have all the tools, resources, and knowledgeable staff to assist you navigate the space.
Community Work Space Rules:
- Closed-toed shoes & mask must be worn at all times if you are working with tools.
- Sign-in & check-in with Greeters to receive your reserved work station.
- There is a mechanic on duty. We want to emphasize that you are working on your own bike, with our assistance.
- Please use only the color-coded tools at your reserved station.
- When using the parts washer always wear an apron, heavy gloves and safety glasses.
- Dogs are welcome at Community Cycles but they
must be leashed at all times.
- Put away all tools and bins that you use.
- Track All the (new&used) parts that you used on your tab – Reservation Card.
Contact Alexey if you have any issues.