Help Us, Help Yourself, Learn a Lot, and Have a Ton of Fun — Volunteer at Community Cycles
- First, fill this short application
- Then attend a shop orientation. Not required for Community Service or one-time events like our Kids Bike Holiday Giveaway.
- Sign up for your volunteer shifts (instructions)
- Retrieve your login if you’ve already signed up as volunteer (email if you don’t get an email)
- Attend workshops to enhance your skills.
If you are unable to make a scheduled orientation in the shop or just need a review, you can take our online orientation.
- Our Kids Bike Holiday Giveaway is 12/13/2015. We can use greeters, chaperones, mechanics, and more! Sign up through the job calendar on your volunteer personal site. Several shifts and and times are listed including those in the screenshot to the left. Look for “KHBG.” If you have trouble retrieving your login send Sam an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Example jobs on the Job Calendar:
- Other volunteer opportunities range from mechanic work to events and office help.
- Tell us about your key skills and interests on our volunteer application form.
Sign up for a shop orientation.
Do Your Community Service With Us!
Please sign up online or come in to the shop during open hours. Details here, and thanks for your service.
Benefits of volunteering:
- learn bike mechanics
- help keep bikes out of the waste stream
- volunteer gatherings and social events (with food)
- get dibs on fancy parts
- meet new people and be part of a community
- give back to the community
- free workshops to build skills!
We like to thank and appreciate our volunteers!
- Volunteers who volunteer more 5 or more hours a month are eligible for free workshops!
- 35 hours (in 4 months) – Personalized name tag and wholesale purchasing benefits)
- 50 hours (in one year) – Add a Community Cycles T-shirt
- 75 hours (in one year) – Add Community Cycles socks
- 100 hours (in one year) – Enjoy increased wholesale purchasing benefits
- 200 (lifetime) – All the above, plus Cake
- 500 (lifetime) – All the above, plus a special surprise Gift