This week Community Cycles distributed this press release which puts the spotlight on Sponsors who ensure the success of Walk and Bike Month, along with a rundown of key events that will take place this June.
BOULDER—Boulder Walk & Bike Month (“W&BM”) organizers announced today that more than 30 sponsors have pledged to fund Boulder’s W&BM activities this June. Sponsors contribute direct financial support, in-kind donations, gear and services to support the month-long celebration of Boulder’s rich bicycle and pedestrian culture. W&BM is a partnership between the City of Boulder, Community Cycles, Boulder County, and Boulder Transportation Connections, with events coordinated by Community Cycles. Sponsor funding covers the bulk of W&BM expenses, paying for event permits, insurance, promotion and coordination of events.
W&BM organizers are grateful for the support of the following key sponsors:
- Title Sponsor: Google
- Chain Ring Sponsors: City of Boulder ● Daily Camera
- Spoke Sponsors: Alpine Bank ● Boulder County ● Boulder Transportation Connections ● Conscience Bay Company
- Handlebar Sponsors: Caddis Collaborative ● Coburn Partners ● Hutchinson Black & Cook ● Lime ● Limelight Hotel Boulder ● Milo Construction ● SoBo Homes ● Star Buds
- Wheel Sponsors: B-Cycle ● Better Boulder ● Boulder Chamber ● Comprise Agency ● CordenPharma ● Eldorado Spring Water ● Fox Tuttle Transportation Group ● HMH Architecture & Interiors ● Jeeves Drones ● KGNU ● People for Bikes ● REI ● Small Planet eBikes ● Sweet Sisters Bakeshop ●University of Colorado Environmental Center ● Upslope Brewing Company
Key 2023 W&BM events (www.walkandbikemonth.org/events/) include:
- May 20 – W180, walk the western half of a loop around Boulder (approx 12.5 miles)
- June 3 – W180, walk the Eastern half of a loop around Boulder (approx 13 miles)
- June 3 – Big Boulder Dog Walk, great for friendly dogs & their humans
- June 4 – B360 / B180, Circle Boulder by Bicycle on Boulder’s extensive bikeway system
- June 11 – W360, complete a slow marathon walking loop around Boulder
- June 21 – Boulder Bike Show
- June 28 – Bike to Work Day: more than 50 breakfast stations serving free food and drink to the estimated 8,000 participants who will ride or walk to work
- June 28 – Bike Home Happy Hour with food & beer specials
About Walk & Bike Month (www.walkandbikemonth.org)
Nearing its 50th year, Walk and Bike Month began as a single day event in 1977. Evolving into a month-long celebration over the decades, Boulder’s Walk and Bike Month is now among the largest in the nation. This year, dozens of events have been planned for June to celebrate Boulder’s nationally recognized bicycling and pedestrian culture. Community Cycles, a local nonprofit that educates and advocates for safe bicycle use, is coordinating events and volunteers during the month.