We are still here, with our doors open, keeping the wheels turning! Your 2020 donation means more than it ever has. It will help us stay strong for the challenges that lie ahead. We know Boulder needs Community Cycles, and we want to always be here for people who ride bikes and love bicycles.
2020 has been a tough year for everyone. Here at Community Cycles, we closed our doors for 8 weeks, and important income streams have dropped significantly. However, we’ve also seen generous support from our community, helping us financially and lifting our hearts.
But we are still facing record deficits and need your support.
Even in the pandemic, in 2020 Community Cycles kept working towards the vision of a bicycle-filled world by:
- Advocating for and passing a 20 mph residential speed limit, making safer streets for bicyclists and for everyone.
- Pushing the city of Boulder and helping find state funding to initiate street closures, create traffic calming projects, and establish shared streets.
- Working to implement Boulder’s low-stress bicycle network, one that’s safe for folks from 8 to 80.
- Providing input towards improving bicycle facilities and access for the planned Highway 119 Bikeway Project.
- Putting hundreds of residents on low-cost and no-cost bicycles, including essential workers.
- Coordinating the first-ever socially-distanced Walk and Bike Month in September, with self-guided bike routes, walking tours, online forums on safe riding skills and upcoming bike projects, and a prize- filled Scavenger Hunt
- Re-configuring our shop to be Covid-safe, and moving our ever-popular classes outside, so we could keep serving you.
The pandemic has brought tremendous hardship, but it has also created unexpected opportunities. We saw open streets and shared streets in Boulder, a step forward in reclaiming streets for people. We know many Boulder residents hope these changes will be permanent, and we’d like to see that too. Your support will help us work for permanent reclaimed streets in 2021.
Please help us reach our year-end goal of $25,000 with your 2020 donation.
Your 2020 donation funds a future where Community Cycles can continue to thrive and give back to the community we all love.
Support Our Movement Today!
Your 2020 donation gives us the power to advocate for people who ride bikes. It’s easy to give:
- Mail a check to Community Cycles, 2601 Spruce St, Unit B, Boulder, CO 80302
- Donate on our website
- Donate in person (Open Thursdays – Sundays, 11 am – 6pm)
- Donate on Colorado Gives Day, Tuesday December 8th. Schedule your gift today.
- Your tax-deductible donation of $20, $50, $100 or more helps ensure that everyone in Boulder who wants a bicycle, has one. A year-end gift to Community Cycles keeps us moving forward, working to make biking better and safer for all of us.
Thanks for being part of the team, building better biking in Boulder for a decade and a half!!
Executive Director, Community Cycles