** We are not accepting new volunteers at this time **
Help Us, Help Yourself, Learn a Lot, and Have a Ton of Fun — Volunteer at Community Cycles — No prior experience necessary!
- First, fill this short application and submit your application (a thank you note at the bottom confirms your application has been submitted!)
- Attend a shop orientation. If you are unable to make an orientation in the shop, or if you just need a review, you can take our online orientation. Note: a shop orientation is NOT required for Community Service or one-time events like our Kids Bike Holiday Giveaway.
- Sign up for your volunteer shifts (instructions)
- Retrieve your login if you’ve already signed up as volunteer (email gro.s1603408343elcyc1603408343ytinu1603408343mmoc@1603408343retee1603408343rg1603408343 if you don’t get an email)
- Attend workshops to enhance your skills (not required, but always a great idea)
- Contact us when you have put in enough hours to redeem them for a benefit!
- Volunteer opportunities range from mechanic work to events and office help.
- Tell us about your key skills and interests on our application form and select submit (a thank you note at the bottom confirms you are done)
Sign up for a shop orientation.
Do Your Community Service With Us!
Please sign up online or come in to the shop during open hours. Details here, and thanks for your service.
Benefits of volunteering:
- learn bike mechanics
- help keep bikes out of the waste stream
- volunteer gatherings and social events (with food)
- get dibs on fancy parts
- meet new people and be part of a community
- give back to the community
- free workshops to build skills!
We like to thank and appreciate our volunteers!
- 50 hours – Community Cycles socks and a shop name tag
- 75 hours – Community Cycles T-shirt
- 100 hours – 20% off new retail
- 150 hours – Mechanic’s Blue Shirt
- 200 hours – Entry to Complete Mechanics Series OR wholesale +10% on new retail
- 500 hours – Community Cycles Cycling Jersey