If you are an experienced bike mechanic looking for a change, consider a job with Community Cycles!
Position Title: Production Mechanic
A Production Mechanic’s purpose is to refurbish donated bikes for sale. The emphasis is on producing inexpensive, safe, and reliable bikes in an efficient time frame.
- Extensive mechanic experience with a wide range of bike styles.
- An understanding of predominantly older road bikes, mountain bikes, and hybrids.
- Knowledge of bike component compatibility is essential.
- An ability to quickly recognize unsafe, cracked, and bent frames that should not be built up.
Refurbishing donated bikes for sale in our shop using used parts and new parts. Maintaining the shop area where you work and keeping tools in good shape and order. This position will involve working on your feet for up to 7 hours per shift as well as working some weekends and/or evenings. Coordinates with the Production Manager for shop needs: parts, tools, supplies, etc…
For every 6 hours worked – 1 refurbished bike should be completed
Serve as spokesperson for the organization
- The immediate gratification of hands-on repair work
- Discounts on shop bikes and parts
- Be a part of creating a culture of cycling in Boulder
- The privilege of spending time with our fabulous staff and volunteers, and getting paid for it!
Reports to: Production Manager
Time Commitment: FT or PT
Compensation range: $16 – $22
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org