Community Cycles is a Boulder nonprofit that teaches bicycle safety and repair, recycles thousands of bikes a year through our retail shop and programs, and advocates for safe places to walk and ride a bike. We have an annual budget of approximately 1 million and a paid membership base of about 2,000. Our retail shop, community workspace and meeting space are housed in an “office condo” that we purchased in 2018 at 2601 Spruce St, Unit B, in Boulder.
Areas of Responsibility:
The Development Director is responsible for supporting the organization’s budget goals through:
- Foundation Fundraising and Grant-writing (including researching new grant opportunities)
- Large Donor Solicitation and Maintenance
- Walk and Bike Month business sponsorships
- Assist with Government Grants
- Assist with Fundraising Events,
- Assist with Individual and Business Membership
- Support Annual Appeal and Membership Campaigns
- Report regularly to the board on development campaigns
- Support the Board, the Executive Director, and the leadership team in all fundraising and development activities.
Education/ Experience/ Specific Knowledge: Proven, direct experience in fundraising including: grant writing, large donor solicitation, sponsorships, annual appeals and special campaigns. Capital Campaign experience desired but not required.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Proven ability to close on face to face asks for both sponsorships and donations
- Comfort speaking in front of groups
- Well organized
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, inspired to support and develop programs that support the organization’s mission
- Computer Skills: Salesforce, comfortable with Google Suite, access to Microsoft Office, and an internet connection for online grant applications, email, and more.
- Strategic, insightful, and dedicated.
- Able to work independently (and remotely in the local area)
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three writing samples (1 each – a grant, a mass solicitation for money letter – annual appeal, membership, etc- & an individual solicitation to a large donor), a list of dollars raised (either as part of a resume or a separate list) and three references that we may contact.
Community Cycles is a successful and beloved Boulder bicycle-based non-profit with great potential for further growth. You are inspired to help take us to the next level!
Pay and Benefits:
Flexible hours – 25 – 35 hrs per week
$30k – $50k depending on hours and experience
Retirement plan with employer match
Flexible hours and work location (may choose hours to work and may primarily work from home)
Paid time off
Wholesale pricing for bicycles and accessories
Equal opportunity employer
Diverse candidates highly encouraged to apply