Help us meet this match! Your donation will be worth double, as every dollar is matched.
If you’ve been to our shop recently, you know that we have more than outgrown our current, rented space. Community Cycles has an amazing opportunity to move into a permanent new home in a bike, transit, and pedestrian-friendly neighborhood under construction at 33rd and Valmont.
Our new space will be three times as large as our current location, allowing us to offer much more, and put all our funds into programs that serve the community, including:
- growing bike education programs like Earn-A-Bike classes and Transitions bicycle mechanics apprenticeship programs for disabled youth,
- twice as many bike stands and more open hours in our expanded Do-It-Yourself workshop for bicycle care and repair,
- more frequent classes to help more people maintain their bikes for a lifetime of cycling
- increasing our bicycle recycling and re-use, so we can save more bicycles from the landfill,
- making the benefits of bicycling available equitably to everyone in our community.
We have been awarded $822,500 through the extension of the City of Boulder Community Culture Safety ballot measure, but we must raise the match to receive 100% of these funds! So far, we have raised $710,000. Help us raise the remaining $112,500 to make our match.
We need YOU to realize our dream of a permanent home and bicycling center!